With complete teamwork and 24-hour medical services, the Team performs the standardization of treatment in hospital and provides the care tracking for patients discharged the hospital to support more integral follow-up services. It also specifies the attending time and treatment procedure of each department for the acute, chronic and recuperative periods, and goes hand in hand with the world to enhance the medical treatment quality.
The Center receives and treats about 140 stroke patients every month and has reached a number of achievements as excellent as those of many stroke centers around the world, such as the hemorrhage rates after the IA Thrombectomy and IV-tPA treatments, early decompression surgery for cerebral infarction, conventional treatments of blood scan with computerized tomography, and other outstanding medical achievements.
The Center wins the Silver Metal and Certificate of Symbol of National Quality (SNQ) of Institute for Biotechnology and Medicine Industry (IBMI) in 2009, 2016 and 2017 with outstanding stroke treatments and medical care quality.
- As high as the global medical level, the treatment acceptance rate of IV-tPA within 3 hours after stoke is 95.4%, and reaches 100% after excluding the rejections by patients' family. The treatment can be applied to a patient 45 to 60 minutes after she/he arrives the hospital in average, and the fastest completion time is 25 minutes.
- Clearing blocked brain vessels with IA Thrombectomy can extend the prime treatment period of brain infarction to 24 hours after stoke (8 hours for the pre-cycle and 24 hours for the post-cycle). The treatment has been completed for 118 cases and is the top in Taiwan.
- Furthermore, the CT examination of cerebral perfusion will be performed for the considerations of patients' safety. It may consume more time but can screen the appropriate patients accurately and reduce the hemorrhage complication of IV-tPA and IA Thrombectomy. In average, the hemorrhage rate of IV-tPA and IA Thrombectomy are 4.5% and 8.7%, respectively.
- The treatment of cerebral artery infarction with EC-IC bypass has completed for 700 cases. It synchronizes with few clinic tests in oversea centers and reaches satisfactory initial effects.
- The CMUH is the hospital applying the endoscope to treat the most patients with cerebral hemorrhage. It has published over 10 papers in Science Citation Index (SCI) journals on minimally invasive endoscopic surgery for cerebral hemorrhage, and has made a keynote speech at the Endoscopic Brain Medical Association and the American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- The CMUH designed a new cerebral hemorrhage index to solve medical disputes on deciding indications for surgery, and the paper describing the development of this index was awarded a recommendation from the editor-in-chief of the journal of the American Emergency Association.